You might not think to eat in LaGrange, a tiny Texas community of only 4,700 people–but you should. Lagrange is located between Houston and Austin, making it the perfect pitstop for a quick meal if you’re on your way to one of Texas’s most bustling cities. Better yet, it’s known for its great food! Here are some of the best places to eat while you’re with us.
- If you’re in the mood for great Mexican food, you could do no better than Taqueria Rio Verde. This is the best place for breakfast tacos, and they’re only a few bucks to start. The only downside? It’ll probably be busy!
- The Holman Valley Steakhouse is a community favorite, and for good reason. If you’re not in the mood for steak, you can find traditional seafood sampler platters with shrimp, catfish, spinach au gratin, stuffed crab and mashed taters. The prices are moderate.
- If you’re in the mood for something a little bit more novel or don’t have the time to sit down for a meal, then Lukas Bakery is a great stop. Located on Main Street, you’ll find tasty Kolaches, cookies, pigs in a blanket, and more. This establishment has been in business for over 70 years, and you’ll soon find out why.
- If you’re more in the mood for a sit-down and some coffee, then try out Latte on the Square. Give their Matcha Tea a try. There are plenty of hot or cold drinks to try, and tasty paninis if you’re hungry.
- In a hurry? Go to Hank’s Express, where you’ll find great American food without the wait. This is a good option if you’re vegetarian. The best part about this place is the changing menu. The day’s food choices will be listed on the board outside.
- LaGrange, Texas is a surprisingly good place for pizza. Check out Reba’s. If you don’t want a hot slice, then there are sandwich options as well. If you’re in the mood for something lighter, then check out the great salads.
- Sometimes you just need a taste of barbecue, especially when you haven’t had the opportunity to fire up your own grill in a while. Prause Market is the answer. There are plenty of meats and sausage options, but try the potato salad before you leave!
- Murphy’s Steakhouse is another great option if you’re looking for the best cut of cow. They have great sandwiches for lunch, and the building is a cool place to wander around while you wait for your meal.